What accounting job you would like to gain practical work experience in?
If you are looking to boost your job prospects by getting some practical work experience in accountancy, fill out the form below and one of the team members will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
UK Practical Work Experience in Accountancy
- If lack of UK practical work experience in accountancy is stopping you from getting your ideal accounting job and if you are really struggling and are just unsure what to do next, this work experience will be perfect for you.
- If you are getting lots of rejection from recruitment agencies and employers due to lack of practical work experience, then you have come to the right place, we can help you sort that out as soon as possible.
- If you are tired of working in a non accounting related role and want to kickstart your accounting career, then this will help you get started.
- If you want to learn how to properly do month end account procedures, preparing yearend accounts, file a corporation tax return and annual accounts to Companies House, prepare management accounts and do tax planning. Then this is definitely for you.
- You will also get the experience to help sign off your PER as well.
If this is for you, Click here to book an appointment.
Our office is easy to get to. We are 7 minutes minutes walk from Canary Wharf underground station (Jubilee line) and 1 minutes walk from South Quay DLR station. You can book an appointment by Clicking here.
Our team of experienced accountants will train you one to one in the following accounting tasks:
- Sage 50 Accounts training – fundamentals
- Setting up opening balances
- Processing supplier invoices
- processing customer invoices
- Processing credit notes, write offs and refunds
- Recording customer receipts
- processing supplier payments
- Assisting with credit control
- Managing petty cash
- Payroll processing
- Processing payroll journals
- Preparing VAT returns
- Doing bank reconciliations
- Correcting errors in the general ledger
- Working with spreadsheet/Excel – fundamentals
- CV preparation and guidance on securing an accounting job
- Doing balance sheet reconciliations
- Cash flow projections
- Preparing yearend statutory accounts
- Filing of the corporation tax return
- Budgeting and Variance analysis
- Preparing a set of management accounts
To get in touch click here
The practical experience is done online with support and guidance direct from your designated accountant who will be guiding and supporting you.
Key requirements for you are:
- You need to be 18 years of age and above
- You should also have studied or currently be studying accounting or bookkeeping course.
If you are interested in getting started, Click here to get in touch
- The work experience is 100% practical
- You will have a choice of accounting softwares such as Sage 50, Xero, QuickBooks and Excel to work with
- The duration of the work experience is between 1 month – one year. Please note that there is a fee applicable for doing any work experience program at TD&A.
If you are interested, book an appointment by clicking here
We help you to prepare a CV and offer you advice and help on how to get an accounting job within a short period of time.
We also will give a professional reference for you from our firm to any employer or recruitment agency that will request for it.
If you are interested in getting started, Click here for details of the practical experience programs.
Our work experience programs
- Accounts Assistant
Here are the details of this work experience:
Location:Canary Wharf London E14 9SH
Structure: One to one hands on Practical Work Experience Training by experienced Accountant(s)
Systems you will use: Choice of Sage 50 or Xero cloud accounting software, and Excel
Schedule: From 9:00am to 12:00pm or 1:00pm – 4:00pm or 5:00pm – 8:00pm, one day a week – Monday to Thursday. The choice of the day is up to you, you choose the day most convenient for you.
Start Date: Start date is entirely dependent on you. It is a one to one training program, so you get to choose when to start and what days to come for other sessions too.
Requirements: You should ideally be a University Accounting student/graduate, ACCA, AAT student/Affiliate.
Training fee: Call the office on 02034881208 for details
Areas covered within this work experience include:
- Sage 50 Training – fundamentals
- Classification & analysis of financial documents
- Account opening balances
- Inputting, matching, batching & coding of invoices
- Processing & allocating payments and receipts
- Processing payment runs
- Dealing with contra entries
- Payroll journals
- Bank Reconciliation in Sage and Excel
- Aged debtor analysis,
- Managing Petty Cash
- Director loan account
- Preparing accounts to Trial balance
- Error identification and correction
- Control Accounts
- Clearing the suspense account
- Preparing quarterly VAT returns
- Anti money laundering compliance awareness
For details on how to get started, Call 020 3874 4476 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or click Here to book an appointment or click here to get access to our Free Accounts Payable Practical Experience
- Monthend & Yearend Accounts Preparation
There are usually four sections in Yearend Accounts report also known as a financial statement report:
- A Report by the Directors, giving a business review and their view of the company’s performance and prospects.
- A balance sheet, outlining the company’s financial position on the final day of the accounting period (the Yearend). Essentially, this shows what the company owns and what it owes
- A profit and loss account, showing the trading performance over the accounting period (usually 12 months). It summarises sales, costs and expenses, profits (or losses), and any tax provisions
- Notes, giving more details about the information in the balance sheet and the profit and loss account.
During this work experience training, you will be professionally shown and guided on the steps and ways to do all the above
To do this work experience at TD&A;
– You must have a working knowledge of preparing accounts to Trial balance level.
– Have high awareness of current technical accounting and reporting requirements under both IFRS and UK GAAP.
– Be computer literate with good excel skills and a solid understanding of accounting software (Sage 50 Accounts) principles.
Here is what you will cover during this work experience
- Trial balance analysis & corrections
- Month end & yearend adjustments: Accruals, prepayments, depreciation, capital allowances
- Control accounts reconciliation (Debtors, Creditors, Bank, Wages)Adjusted Trial balance
- Producing the yearend accounts (Balance sheet & profit & Loss account and the notes to the accounts)
- Dealing with Director loan account
- Tax Return Preparation & filing
After the end of its financial year, a private limited company must prepare:
- full (‘statutory’) annual accounts
- a Company Tax Return
You need your accounts and tax return to meet deadlines for filing with Companies House and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
In this work experience, you are going to learn how to prepare a Company Tax return and also a self-assessment tax return for individuals like for self-employed people and Directors of companies.
The practical skills you will learn in this work experience are:
- Preparing a Self-assessment tax return SA100
- Performing basic tax health checks for clients
- Claiming tax refunds from HMRC
- Acting as an agent for a client – authorisation process
- Calculating CGT
- Capital allowances calculation
- Corporation tax return preparation & submission (CT600)
After doing this practical work experience in Tax accounting you will face accounting job interviews with a renewed sense of confidence and competence. If tax is what you like doing, we have it covered for you here at TD&A.
- How to prepare Management Accounts reports
Management accounting is more than just working with numbers and evaluating past financial performance. Management accountants evaluate both financial and non-financial information in an effort to improve the overall current and future performance of an organisation.
The information provided by management accountants helps management within an organisation to make decisions including, but not limited to, which products to offer, how to improve processes, whether to purchase new equipment or software and how to improve customer relations.
In this practical work experience training in preparing management accounts reports, you will gain hands-on practical experience on how to use financial and non-financial information together to aid in business decision-making You will gain insight into business management (planning, control & decision making) through analysing business performance and structuring cost management and control measures.
Prior knowledge of preparing accounts to trial balance is essential and you should also be very good with excel skills (at least intermediate level) – See the accounts assistant work experience training above
Here are some practical skills that you will gain in this work experience:
- Executive & cash summary reports
- Breakeven analysis
- KPI and Variance analysis
- Cash flow projection
- Management accounting profit & loss report
- Management Accounting Balance sheet report
- Putting together a management account report pack
Jobs in management accounting are continually being advertised and you need to be well prepared do the job of a management accountant in a professional way and we can help you do that because we prepare management accounts for our clients. Now is the time for you to face management accounting jobs with confidence, we can help you get the experience.
Location: Canary Wharf London E14 9SH
Structure: One to one hands-on Practical Work Experience Training by experienced Accountant(s)
Schedule: From 9:00 am to 4:00 pm on Mondays
Requirements: You should ideally be working in accounts related role but desire to enhance your CV for more better-paying accounting roles that include doing management accounting.
Training fee: Call the office on 02034881208 for details
- Advanced Excel - Pivot Tables & VLOOKUP
- In the workplace, Excel is one of the most commonly used analyses and reporting tools.
If you are being turned down for accounting jobs because you lack Pivot tables and or VLOOKUP practical experience, here is an opportunity for you to solve that problem once & for all.
Prior knowledge of Excel to intermediate level is recommended.
Here is the structure:
The approach in this training uses a teaching technique that enables you to master the most fundamental features of Pivot Tables & VLOOKUP relevant to your role as an accountant and you will be able to do that in a fraction of the time needed when learning from conventional textbooks. Here are some of the unique features of this book:
- The steps are carefully structured with coloured screenshots & illustrations.
- Skills taught in the context of real accounting and business problems.
- The layout is presented on a one to one basis. It’s clear with detailed explanations.
- The presentation style allows you to learn only the skills that are essential to you as an accountant.
- There is a practical hands-on involvement – not just theory.
This step by step guide for Pivot Tables & VLOOKUP will enable you to master Excel’s powerful and dynamic functions relevant to you as an accountant helping you make yourself more marketable to employers & recruitment agencies. Get started right away!