UK Practical Work Experience in Accountancy
- If lack of UK practical work experience in accountancy is stopping you from getting your ideal accounting job and if you are really struggling and are just unsure what to do next, this work experience will be perfect for you, you are at the right place.
- If you are getting lots of rejection from recruitment agencies and employers due to lack of practical work experience, then you have come to the right place, we can help you sort that out as soon as possible, just as we have helped over 2000 individuals just like you.
- If you are tired of working in a non-accounting related role and want to kickstart your accounting career, then this will help you get started. Our practical work experience programs are flexible and you can do them at your own pace.
- If you want to learn how to properly do month-end account procedures, preparing yearend accounts, file a corporation tax return and annual accounts to Companies House, prepare management accounts and do tax planning. Then this is definitely for you. You will be guided ad mentored by an experienced Chartered Accountant to do this.
- We will also sign off your PER requirements for ACCA or AAT membership.
We are an accounting firm based in Canary Wharf London, and we have helped lots of people over the years to get UK accounting work experience, and jobs in accounting. If you are interested in getting the same kind of results, why not book an appointment and speak to one of our advisors.
To book an office appointment, Click here
To book an online appointment, Click here.
Our office is easy to get to. We are 3 minutes walk from Canary Wharf underground station (Jubilee line) and 5 minutes walk from Canary Wharf DLR station. You can book an appointment by Clicking here.
Our team of experienced accountants will train you one to one in the following accounting tasks:
- Analysis of financial documents
- Working with Accounting Software: choice of Sage 50 Accounts, QuickBooks Online or Xero
- Setting up opening balances
- Processing supplier invoices
- processing customer invoices
- Processing credit notes, write-offs and refunds
- Recording customer receipts
- processing supplier payments
- Assisting with credit control
- Managing petty cash
- Payroll processing
- Processing payroll journals
- Preparing VAT returns
- Doing bank reconciliations
- Correcting errors in the general ledger
- Working with spreadsheet/Excel – fundamentals
- CV preparation and guidance on securing an accounting job
- Doing balance sheet reconciliations
- Cash flow projections
- Preparing yearend statutory accounts
- Filing of the corporation tax return
- Budgeting and Variance analysis
- Preparing a set of management accounts
To see more details Click here
The practical experience is done in our office in Canary Wharf with support and guidance directly from a Chartered accountant who will be guiding and supporting you. We also offer virtual work experience (via our online platform) for those who are far away and can not travel to our office in London.
Key requirements for you are:
- You need to be 18 years of age and above
- You should also have studied or currently be studying accounting or bookkeeping course.
If you are interested in getting started, Click here to get in touch
- The work experience is 100% practical and is one to one.
- You will be trained by a Chartered Accountant
- You will have a choice of accounting software such as Sage 50, Xero, QuickBooks and Excel to work with
- The duration of the work experience is between 3 – 6 months. Please note that there is a fee applicable for doing any work experience program at TD&A.
To get started, see the details of the work experience programs by clicking here
We help you to prepare a CV and offer you advice and help on how to get an accounting job within a short period of time.
We also will give a professional reference for the work experience you have done in our firm.
After your work experience with us, you can put our accounting firm in your and the work you did in CV as part of your work experience and we will confirm it if asked by any employer or recruitment agency.
To get started, Click here for details of the practical experience programs.
Accountancy Work Experience from an Accounting Firm
If lack practical work experience in accounting is stopping you from getting your ideal accounting job or if you are facing lots of rejections due to lack of accountancy work experience, then you are in the right place. We can help you. Just fill the form below to get started.
Our work experience programs
Here are the details of this work experience:
This Practical Work Experience Training Will Help you to…
- Become competent in managing and completing any accounting tasks handed to you…
- Establish credibility with recruitment agencies so you will be hired by companies and accounting firms…
- Differentiate yourself so you get more interviews and thereby increase your chances of being hired quickly…
- Leverage our in house and live online support from our firm in the comfort of your own home…
- Stop worrying so much about finding a new accounting job because we’ll provide references to employers and recruitment agencies for the work experience you get from us…
- … and much, MUCH more! And best of all…
- You’ll start seeing results with this Work Experience Training in less than two calendar months.
Location: Canary Wharf London E14 9SH
Structure: One to one hands-on Practical Work Experience Training by experienced Accountant(s)
Systems you will use: Choice of Sage 50, QuickBooks Online or Xero cloud accounting software, and Excel
Schedule: From 10:00 am to 1:00 pm or 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Start Date: Enrolling now, call our office on 02034881208 for details.
Requirements: You should ideally be a University Accounting student/graduate, ACCA, AAT student/Affiliate.
Training fee: Call the office on 02034881208 for details
Areas covered within this work experience include:
- Classification & analysis of financial documents
- Entering Opening balances from the Trial balance
- Setting up and maintaining a fixed asset register
- Setting up a quarterly budget
- Setting up Customers & Supplier Invoices
- Processing Purchase orders
- Processing sales orders
- Inputting, matching, batching & coding of customer & Supplier invoices
- Processing & allocating payments and receipts
- Processing payment runs
- Assisting with Credit Control
- Managing petty cash transactions
- Processing Payroll journals
- Doing Bank Reconciliation
- Preparing a VAT Return
- Dealing with Accruals, Prepayments and Depreciation Adjustments
- Control Account reconciliation (Debtors, Creditors, Wages)
- Dealing with Director loan account
- Preparing accounts to Trial balance
- Error identification and correction
- Clearing the suspense account
- Calculating corporation tax
- Producing Accounting reports
- How to file Accounts to Companies House & HMRC
- Anti-money laundering compliance awareness
For details on how to get started, Call 020 3488 1208 or email: email@example.com or
Click Here to see a breakdown of the Work Experience programs we have
There are usually four sections in Yearend Accounts report also known as a financial statement report:
- A Report by the Directors, giving a business review and their view of the company’s performance and prospects.
- A balance sheet, outlining the company’s financial position on the final day of the accounting period (the Yearend). Essentially, this shows what the company owns and what it owes
- A profit and loss account, showing the trading performance over the accounting period (usually 12 months). It summarises sales, costs and expenses, profits (or losses), and any tax provisions
- Notes, giving more details about the information in the balance sheet and the profit and loss account.
During this work experience training, you will be professionally shown and guided on the steps and ways to do all the above
To do this work experience at TD&A;
– You must have a working knowledge of preparing accounts to Trial balance level.
– Have high awareness of current technical accounting and reporting requirements under both IFRS and UK GAAP.
– Be computer literate with good excel skills and a solid understanding of accounting software (Sage 50 Accounts) principles.
Here is what you will cover during this work experience
- Trial balance analysis & corrections
- Month-end & yearend adjustments: Accruals, prepayments, depreciation, capital allowances
- Control accounts reconciliation (Debtors, Creditors, Bank, Wages)Adjusted Trial balance
- Producing the yearend accounts (Balance sheet & profit & Loss account and the notes to the accounts)
- Dealing with Director loan account
After the end of its financial year, a private limited company must prepare:
- full (‘statutory’) annual accounts
- a Company Tax Return
You need your accounts and tax return to meet deadlines for filing with Companies House and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
In this work experience, you are going to learn how to prepare a Company Tax return and also a self-assessment tax return for individuals like for self-employed people and Directors of companies.
The practical skills you will learn in this work experience are:
- Preparing a Self-assessment tax return SA100
- Performing basic tax health checks for clients
- Claiming tax refunds from HMRC
- Acting as an agent for a client – authorisation process
- Calculating CGT
- Capital allowances calculation
- Corporation tax return preparation & submission (CT600)
After doing this practical work experience in Tax accounting you will face accounting job interviews with a renewed sense of confidence and competence. If tax is what you like doing, we have it covered for you here at TD&A.
In the workplace, Excel is one of the most commonly used analyses and reporting tools.
If you are being turned down for accounting jobs because you lack Pivot tables and or VLOOKUP practical experience, here is an opportunity for you to solve that problem once & for all.
Prior knowledge of Excel to intermediate level is recommended.
Here is the structure:
The approach in this training uses a teaching technique that enables you to master the most fundamental features of Pivot Tables & VLOOKUP relevant to your role as an accountant and you will be able to do that in a fraction of the time needed when learning from conventional textbooks. Here are some of the unique features of this book:
- The steps are carefully structured with coloured screenshots & illustrations.
- Skills taught in the context of real accounting and business problems.
- The layout is presented on a one to one basis. It’s clear with detailed explanations.
- The presentation style allows you to learn only the skills that are essential to you as an accountant.
- There is a practical hands-on involvement – not just theory.
This step by step guide for Pivot Tables & VLOOKUP will enable you to master Excel’s powerful and dynamic functions relevant to you as an accountant helping you make yourself more marketable to employers & recruitment agencies. Get started right away!